Tuesday, February 1, 2011

the Suggestion Box in Action

Someone recently told me that I have a tendency to be overly negative in the things I write about.  They also suggested my blog be more constructive when they told me to "stop being so negative". "Talk more about the things you like, and make me like them too".  I, probably being the best person in the world at taking constructive criticism, am about to do just that.

This blog is all about taking advice and being constructive.  I'm going to stop being so negative and talk about something that I like, and am in fact quite excellent at (no, not Foosball, or being lazy).  I'm just going to throw all caution to the wind and really spill my heart out on this one. 

I like to dislike things. 
Its true. Dislike brings about conflict and we all know that conflict brings about Arnold Schwarzenegger movies. Do I really want to hear, at the dinner table, "my day was fine: i liked everything about it"? No. I want carnage.  I want to hear something like: "Well, my day went like this; first, an ugly colored pinto, filled with zombie nazis, cut me off on the gridlocked traffic, where i promptly lost control over my emotions, went into a hulk-like rage, and incinerated the car with my flamethrower. There was blood everywhere. Unfortunately, one of the zombie nazis escaped the flame, and I was forced to single handedly fight it to the death, with the use of a shoelace and badminton racket, while it was trying to steal some candy from a baby.  There was more blood everywhere."  If you had a story like that, you'd be a national hero. You'd probably even be able to run for president.  And you'd owe it all to the fact that you disliked nazi zombies... and traffic.  Arnold even became Governor because of his dislike for evil robots.  The sky is the limit for someone who hates evil robots (or nazi zombies) as much as he did.

Since we are on the topic, I suppose that I should also mention that I also love to be stubborn.  This may come as a surprise, especially since I am so willing to change my entire blog because some people feel that I'm too negative.  This character trait has also led to some good (borderline emotional scarring) stories.  Like the times when people said "Your Nissan Altima probably cant drive off road", or "I wouldn't drink that... I think we bought that milk 4 months ago" or "I don't think ANYONE could jump over that bonfire".  But everyone knows that scars are cool... I'm going to assume this also means the emotional kind.

On a completely unrelated topic... I thought this Far-Side comic was funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment