Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Kicking off this whole blogging thing

Ok: I'm now blogging, because eveyone else is doing it. Yes: peer pressure works on me. For example: "if everyone was jumping off a bridge, would I do it?" the answer is Yes... I dont want to be the last person on earth! Then I'd just be a creepy/crazy guy like Will Smith in "I am legend" or tom hanks in "cast away" (hmmm: I wonder what I'd look like with a gut, like tom had in that movie).

so: let's just dig into the random stuff about me:

i now have a motorcycle: and now i am totally the stereotype guy who only thinks about motorcycles (i'd probably be concerned if i wasnt so excited). i usually just watch from 3rd person as my life flashes in front of me, but i am pretty sure that this is one of those "big" moments. i have turned a new page in my life; unfortunately, this page is filled with the possibility of being mauled by a motorcycle.

i want to be just like calvin from "calvin and hobbes" (a six year old with a foudroyant vocabulary)

for some reason, i am too lazy to worry about capitalization/punctuation when i write.
i consider myself a grammatical rebel (... which is a nice "denial" term for "i suck at grammar"). i dont think that ellipses (...) and commas (,) get enough respect... so i throw them in my sentences, often unnecessarily, ...,.

i enjoy the conversations i have with completely random people: you get to be incredibly honest because you most likely will never see them again (which is kinda liberating actually: you get to say wierd stuff and not feel too bad about it).

i'll brag about being a nerd (nerd is the new cool).
i'll deny that i'm in denial
it's not that i dont "club"... it's that clubs dont "Will"
I am the least competitive person in the world (a title i fought hard to win)

i want to be like my grandpa: he is 91, still hunts duck, walks 2 miles every other day, dominates me at dominoes (athankyou), and is one of the funniest guys i know.

if money was not an issue, i would live on a houseboat and read books all day long.
i am a sucker for motorcycles, and anything made of steel (muscle cars...swords...you get the picture)
i have decided that money can't buy happiness, but it sure can rent it for a while.

apparently i am good at rambling on about random stuff (as demonstrated in my first blog post congrats if you actually cared enough to read this much about me... lets be friends)

BAM! take that! blog post number one down!

1 comment:

  1. in response to your first blog entry.
    "it's not that i don't club...it's that clubs don't 'will'." I have an addition.

    I've clubbed will.

    These are great. If you run out of ideas I've got a whole box of them at my house. ANd yes, Christmas balls is filed in there with the best of them.
    Those doubting the biking incident in the most recent blog can see me for verification. I watched it unfold in slow motion, laughed... then...laughed... then thought, "is he okay?" but..this girl came up to talk to him and I was embarrassed that I knew him...soooo..I did a little u-turn and headed back to class. After making sure WIll knew that I knew that I saw it.

    ReplyDelete