Friday, June 10, 2011

The Psyche of a Scam-Man Part 1

Ok: this one is going to be short.  this is just a PREP for a future blog.

I am currently looking on Craigslist for a motorcycle.  it seems that everyone feels entitled to bags of cash for pieces of scrap that the junkyard does'nt even want... (and i thought the FREE section of CL was insulting).  But unlike the FREE section now people are trying to sell me a device which will ACTIVELY try to destroy me... and then do me the courtesy of paying top dollar for the privilege of buying my bane from them.

It's basically like working with kids who dont understand that people only BUY their lemonade because of the 'well, you are TRYING really hard, so i'll give you a buck' phelosophy. So i'll use a similar metaphor. It's like a kid trying to sell his ninja turtle to me... how do you tell them that the tooth marks in Leo's arm dont actually increase the value 1000%? or if they had crayoned a red stripe over his mask it STILL isnt Raphael. Nor will that ever make Leo as cool as Raph.

It seems that the only people who understand what a really good deal is is the Scam Artists.  And this is where it gets interesting.
I have been e-mailing a person who is selling a ridiculously expensive bike for a ridiculously low value.  they are assuring me that the safest way to do this transaction is online, (where ONLY THE BEST recently escaped convicts will treat my credit card and social security with the UTMOST respect and tact.).  i'm just assuming that's whats going on in the background... it's all spelled out in the 'pirates code' for criminals....

so: first step is identifying that they dont really have that motorcycle that they are trying to sell me.
The second, is MESSING with them.  via email.

Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment